News from Nonna: Age and or Stage?

Friday, March 7, 2008

Age and or Stage?

Just finsihed a wreath for my front door that will go with the house all year round, when my theme wreaths are not up. Age? or Stage?

Just moved my furniture around from the hall to the dining room. Reminds me of my Grandmother Upchurch. I would help her move the furniture on a weekly basis. Sometimes it was in order to trick Uncle Gary when he would come in late at night in a rather happy and confused state! :)



Working on my hutch downstairs. I am still a Kansas girl at heart and sunflowers make me happy. Of course, there is seldom anyone who goes downstairs, so maybe my age is showing!


A touch of Colorado to make me try to fit in. Actually last summer on a bike trip in the mountains Richard and I did see a black bear. Wow! You gotta love Colorado!





Okay, so another reason why I have no time. I am once again a nurse. To Diva! Jacqui took her to get her teeth cleaned and they had to pull 10 of them. Thank heavens, you can actually stand to have her open her mouth. She smells like roses and is so easy to love. Another grandchild


Who wouldn't love this little darling? Oh, right, that would be Dave and his side of the family. Challenge #1 or...................




Another project that Janae and Jerianne and I worked on. These boxes are darling and are made with scrapbooking supplies. Never throw any of those old ribbons or bobbits away.



CONTINUING ON.................................................

I have just gotten my internet to work again after a whole week of being down. How in the world did we live without computers? Geez, we didn't even used to be able to call anyone except once a week if we were wealthy. What has happened? I know there have been blogs out there just burning the insides of my eyeballs to read. What is happening to Jenny, Megan, Tracie, all of my children, Richard, Sadie, Em and family etc........? How can I live like this in the modern age?






Sorting through clothes that Jonathan brought over from Texxie for our little girls. Aren't we lucky? I did the same thing when my girls were little. I bought clothes from a rich cousin in Oklahoma and Jerianne wore them, then Janae, Tara, Aubrey, Candace, Jacqui, and Brianne. I felt greatly blessed with hand me downs.



CONTINUING ON................................



The girls at bookclub were talking about when their children were gone and how they would have time for themselves. I of course chimed up and said, "Dream on!" I haven't had a minute to worry about myself in who knows how long. It seems like I have been running since before Thanksgiving and probably even before that, I can't remember (blessing or curse?)! Getting ready for Christmas and company, which I loved, then going to Idaho,( which I ......), then going to Kansas City and worrying about parents and grandparents, then coming home and taking care of wedding plans which I am in the full blown midst of. Then my newest grandson coming on Tuesday, then back to wedding plans. I have invitiations that must be out by Monday, company spending the night on Saturday and then again more company on the 12th, doctoring dogs, cleaning, preparing lessons for church. Now in between that all I thought it would be a cinch to exercise, but guess what I put on the backburner? Needless to say, I won't be the skinniest mother by far. Jacqui's new other mother is about a size 6!!!!!!!! Yuck, yuck, yuck, story of my life. Oh well, so thank heavens my kids are gone or I would just give up the ghost!



Jacqui's reception will be held at the Riverwalk. This is a view of the inside. I have been there several times and what I see in my head, I hope happens for real...........



Some vases for silverware, and a HUGE wedding cake plate which will actually be a very diminuitive brownie cake. We are serving little three tiered wedding cakes with Baskin and Robbins ice cream. Dave is extremely happy and Jonathan has called dibs on all of the Mint Chocolate Chip!




Preparations for the candy bar. Jacqui has ordered over $500.00 worth of candy! Ah what a dream. We have pink salt water taffy, pink bubblegum, pink M & M's, pink Mintos, gummy cherries, (my favorite and temptation) , pink candy sticks and so on. We now have to get the little bags and stickers. Is that on my list?

The little girls bouquets. There are eleven little girls under eight years of age. All of the older girls will just wear pink and black. Thank Heavens! So maybe you all might understand why it is taking me so long to be consistent with my blog. Please be patient. I love staying in touch and think our family is so much closer, just because we know what is happening in each other lives. Stay tuned and pray, for me, my age, and stage! Rock on!


4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh Verlinda, Verlinda, I wish I was there to help. Everything looks so good. I know how much work it takes and WOW! Good luck to Jon and Jaime (let me know if I misspelled). So much going on and it never seems to let up. I miss you!

Sadie Lou said...

oh how i wish i could be there!!! diva is sooooo cute!!! i am sure the wedding will be great, especially if you are helping and decorating and planning!!! and the perfect theme for a wedding....PINK!!! and the candy bar is such a good idea! i have to have one of those!!!! love you!!:)

TD said...

I can't believe the baby is coming on Tues. WOW! If I were in town I would be having some of the mint chocolate chip ice cream also. You are a very busy lady. Good luck. I know that everything will turn out great. You have a talent for that!
Love ya!

The Burkinshaws said...

I am so glad that you are back. It has been so long and I was wondering if you just decided not to be a blogger. I was going to cry. Good to see that you have everything under control because I do NOT. My shower here is on Wed. night and I told everyone that it was Tuesday and that is the day I was preparing for. That brain of mine is going crazy!!! Love you and check out my baby on my blog.