News from Nonna: CHURCH CANCELLED!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

CHURCH CANCELLED!

I am sitting and silently, well not really, laughing to myself over the state of the weather. Having just spent several lovely weeks in the state of "Tundra Pocatello," I have a hard time understanding two inches of snow and some ice cancelling church. But to be fair MCI was closed down for awhile. I do remember many lovely ice storms here in good old Kansas City. People accidentally leaving their sprinklers on not expecting freezing temperatures. It is quite a beautiful sight but my sympathy after Idaho is a little low. You can hardly find Richard's mother's house for the banks of snow and when you can only see the very tops of the fence posts I say it is time for Tahiti. (Like I would ever get to go)...........................................................

The Upchurches were coming over for supper tonight but now Uncle Gary is sick with the flu. They have a notice on Grandmother's center, warning that the Type A flu virus is being fought at this time. I wonder who else will get it? So much for those flu shots. I don't have time to be sick from now until the wedding is over. If I can just hold off until then. :) I'll take my licks as they come.

I took some pictures of Daddy and everyone is going to feel sorry for him when I finally get them put on this blog. This poor man is a scar from one end to the other. He is so bruised and the staples make me wince. So I keep learning more and more about the sufferings of others whether I want to or not......

So, just another Sunday in paradise. I can't believe I put my makeup on for this!


9 comments:

JJ said...

Yes. Until you live in the "Winter" part of the world, you don't understand. However, I do remember some good storms in Kansas City.

However, nothing compares to the Winter that Utah/Idaho have experienced this year. You know it's bad when they cancel the last hour of church just to that every able-bodied man can get out and try and dig out the church.

Give Papaw some love for me and start washing your hands often. They say the flu is getting a slow start but it's supposed to be bad and the flu shot was generated from the wrong strain.

JJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Hey Verlinda, I have become a firm believer in gargling with Listerine twice a day. My dentist recommended it for my gums and since I have been doing it for six months, I have not been sick-really!!!! Ath Christmas, when everyone around me was dropping like flies-I was the only one not to get sick. It works! Jenny

Aubrey said...

Hey get your butt to my house its been 45 in Springville, we got out on Saturday and washed the cars. Your bed is waiting! :)

TD said...

We missed church one Sunday because our van could not make it up the hill to the building. Casey actually cheered, and Paige called it a pajama party. They had their Sunday clothes off and pj's on in less than two minutes. You have seen all the snow we have.

Caryn said...

Sorry, having a hard time picturing all that since it was nearly 80 degrees here today! Agh! I debated turning on the A/C! I love hearing your funny stories tho!

Lacey said...

Hey Verlinda, sounds like you are just having a blast! Oh I'm glad you found Ayva's jacket, thanks! I don't have Jon's number. Could you email it to me or something laceybates@gmail.com or you could call me 720 937 3509. Thanks and be careful, hope you don't get sick.

Sadie Lou said...

aunt verlinda i know what is wrong with your link for my blog! you acidently typed pinkpolkadotchatterbox.bloxspot.com
when it is pinkpolkadotchatterbox.blogspot.com
so just go to your link page and edit, so you can visit my blog! i miss you sooo much! i want to come visit you this summer! :)

Sadie Lou said...

aunt verlinda i know what is wrong with your link for my blog! you acidently typed pinkpolkadotchatterbox.bloxspot.com
when it is pinkpolkadotchatterbox.blogspot.com
so just go to your link page and edit, so you can visit my blog! i miss you sooo much! i want to come visit you this summer! :)