News from Nonna: Tickled Pink................

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tickled Pink................

I found some amazing ribbon that has a little gathered, ruffled edge and I am a sucker for ruffles. The brown matches perfectly and then I accented them with a little "bling!"
Stay tuned more updates to follow as my project proceeds, with caution!!!!!! That means until Richard comes home and puts a stop to my creativity!


Today I decided I needed to do something for myself and so I started decorating the pink room for my little granddaughters when they are able to stay here alone......Until then I am having some fun. I saw this idea in a magazine and so I tried it and will keep you updated as the room progresses. I talked to Janae today and we were talking about how much we loved working in our homes, in fact all three of my girls are the same. So when I do something for myself, heaven forbid, a manicure, facial, new outfit, etc, I always choose to work in my home. I think I need counseling. (I think I needed that a long time ago!)








I free handed a ribbon design and then used my acrylics to paint it. I also added some embellishment to my light. I actually made them out of Christmas ornaments and then strung glass beads on it. Above the ribbon design I ragged the wall with white. Can you see it? I have great plans for above the bed, stay tuned.





Gracie's favorite place to lay. The sun is shining and she can bark at any and everything!





SO this is how the brownie wedding cakes are going to turn out. This was my first one so they will progressively get better. I need 34 boxes of brownie mix. 9 Dozen eggs, and 17 cups of oil............Where is the light at the end of the tunnel?


9 comments:

Jacqui said...

perfect mom~ they look great. let's just hope they freeze great. i will be there to help you soon!

Lacey said...

Love the ribbon you painted on the wall in the pink room. So cute. I love brown and pink. It is a brown paint, right?

Caryn said...

I am so happy you are coming! Make sure at least one of your girls calls me to come see you! I love the pink room, oh...someday...

Yummy brownie cakes, they'll be super cute!

TD said...

You are so talented. I wish I lived closer to you!

TD said...

You are so talented. I wish I lived closer to you!

Nic said...

I hope you have plenty of help. I wish we could make it. But you know Tracie she had to book this trip a year ahead. I love you and I wish I could be there to pig out on those cakes. YUM

Heather said...

The talent in you and Jerianne astounds me! I love the sparkle on the chandelier!

JJ said...

Great updates to the room, Mom! Wish you lived by me so that you could help me "update" every single one of my rooms. Can't wait to see it in person.

Sadie Lou said...

that room looks beautiful!!! i can't beleive you did that! you are soo good with crafts and so creative! i am like the exact opposite! and those brownies are soo cute and they look very yummy! and i miss gracie so give him a cuddle for me!! :)