News from Nonna: STAND BY ME

Thursday, August 13, 2009

STAND BY ME

I would like to acknowledge my brother.  I am going through an extremely difficult time in my life right now.  Probably one of the most challenging trials to date.  I am an emotional person on a good day, so you can imagine my dilemma.  I have done all of the things that are important, praying, studying, improving the quality of my faith, counting my blessings, and doing everything that I can think of to help me through.  But my Father in Heaven continues to know what will strengthen me.  Yesterday morning my brother sends me this song and it was a port in my storm………………..

I have been greatly blessed in so many ways and I acknowledge my Father’s loving hand in all things.  That however does not seem to make this battle easier.  And so to remind me, he sends me a gift, a comfort, an answer to my prayers through my loving brother.  The song that you are listening to as you read my blog today, is my brother.  He knows just how important music has always been in my life, but no music is more beautiful to me than that, that my brother sings.  I could listen to him forever.

We both love gospel music.  I think it is in our souls.  My great-grandfather was a music maker and played at his church.  He loved to sing, my grandmother loved to sing, Uncle Gary loves to sing.  And so my brother was blessed with this talent as well.  (NO one is more talented at listening than I am!) So not only do I have great gratitude for my brother at this time and his sensitivity to my spirit, I feel the comfort and peace of those of my family who have gone on before me.  They are all telling me to hang on, this is but a moment and if thou endure it well, we will all be together again and then I will be comforted by them as well.  So Mike, my dearest brother and friend, Thank you, Thank you, for standing by me, loving me, and being in tune enough to know that at this moment, you are an answer to my prayer!  I love you.

4 comments:

Jeannie Spiegelberg said...

Enjoyed the song Verlinda. What talent. I forgot to give you my email...jeannie.spiegelberg@gmail.com

Daydreams and Reality said...

This a awesome...and truly you are blessed to have such support and love...I love you too!

Caryn said...

Wish my arms were long enough to reach over there and hug ya. Love ya oodles!

Jenny said...

That is so beautiful. It makes me feel better and I feel fine. I am so glad that he is there for you. You and your family are in our prayers. Love you!