News from Nonna: Six Miles, Three Hikers, and a Beautiful Day!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Six Miles, Three Hikers, and a Beautiful Day!

Verlinda Camera 028

Richard has been begging Jacqui and I to go hiking with him in the Rocky Mountain National Forest.  So Saturday was the day. It was glorious, the weather was cool, we took jackets, and the scenery was magnificent.  You have to consider the state of the hiking crew.  Jacqui is five months pregnant, Richard is still limping from his ATV accident and I have two rods, four screws, and a metal cage in my spine.  What a crew.  We however thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  And it was up hill both ways! :)

Verlinda Camera 049 Verlinda Camera 029

Verlinda Camera 033 Verlinda Camera 044

There were horses going up to the top of the mountain, I wish we could have hitched a ride! But where is the pain in that?

Verlinda Camera 039

Verlinda Camera 047 Verlinda Camera 051

Actually, my favorite part of the hike.  This little fellow climbed up on our hands, legs, and arms to get the PIstachio nuts that I had.  I am sure he has enough food storage for the winter.  I couldn’t stop feeding him.Verlinda Camera 052

Verlinda Camera 054 Verlinda Camera 032

Thanks RIchard for the adventure.  I would do it all over again, but six miles! surely I will loose a few ounces…….

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! You guys are adventurous! And Jacqui went five months pregnant...she's a trooper! You're pictures are beautiful.

Lacey said...

That's awesome, I love that you guys did that! Go you guys!