News from Nonna: KISSING COUSINS!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

KISSING COUSINS!

I didn't know I had an Uncle Bill and Auntie Pat......Yes, Creed, everyone loves you!


My cousin, Patricia Ann Cassidy, Vary, was so kind and sweet to come and stay with us on her way home. She and her husband, Bill, had been to Oregon for a long vacation and so we were able to see them for an overnight visit. I really appreciate you Pat, for making and taking the time to stop over. We don't get to see each other that much and it was a wonderful opportunity to catch up. I remember being younger and standing on Grandmother's porch with Pat, Mickey, and David. My how the time has flown. Now we are both grandmothers ourselves and with just a little water under the bridge.:) If you can't tell, Pat is over 6' and has always been so striking. Everyone else is jealous of her stature, and she sure wears it well. We reminisced about our"past life," of sitting out in the road and smoking grape vines!!!!!! My kids are still choking, roasting red hot dogs, sitting on back of the tractor and counting the cows, taking baths outside in the freezing water, the old hand water pump, Aunt Martha's fried potatoes, and everything else she grew that was amazing. We talked about Grandmother, parties in her yard, how she liked to cook, and so many more things. Isn't family wonderful? There is nothing to replace it so ,thank you Pat. We will always be family.

2 comments:

meg said...

I haven't been very good about keeping up with reading blogs lately (what with the 5 babies home all day and the moving and boxes and whatnot). I just finished reading all of your entries that I'd missed and really enjoyed them. Your children are beautiful, your grandchildren are too, and I love that you are always having fun!

Nic said...

You have so many new blogs. It was fun to read them all. I miss Colorado. One of my favorite trips with Ryan are the ones we were visiting his mom. We would just drive. It is so beautiful. I miss you so much. Jade still has her pug puppy and says it's Joey. Hopefully we can see you soon.