News from Nonna: FOREVER A FAN!!!!!!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

FOREVER A FAN!!!!!!

Richard, my main man playing in right field. He says his head works a lot faster than his feet, but oh, he's good.
COOKIE!!!!!! He's my other boy that I have cheered for since he was knee-high to a grasshopper. We love having him here in Denver, besides he works for the Broncos so we keep up on things.........................I bake cookies, for Cookie.

Jonathan having to hand out the trophies. We lost by one point I think and Jonathan's not used to having the other team take them home, sooooooooooooooooooo.......Wendy, Mike's wife, saved him one. You know they are the founders:)


JONATHAN COULDN'T HAVE BETTER CHEERLEADERS!



It seems like I have been supporting and cheering on my favorite athlete for oh, 24 years now. That's quite a tradition in my book. Jonathan has been playing multiple sports for that long and I have been right there cheering him on every step of the way. In fact, I think some of our best family memories involve ball and going along with the teams when they traveled. Jonathan's favorite sport, however, is baseball. He is not ready to give it up any time soon. He and a friend have started a FastBall League and are trying to take the sport nation wide. So every week we get to see some games and I get to be the cheerleading section. Jerianne, I miss you! We had a Firecracker Tournament on the Fourth and Jonathan and Mike were in charge of it. It turned out great and they played some fabulous ball. Did you know that Richard is playing on this team as well? He has a great batting average and it is fun to see him and Jonathan in the male bonding.


Just a story, when Jonathan was playing baseball at BYU, I was there cheering for him at one of the games. Of course, I have always called him "Sonshine," and still do. I was screaming after a particularly good play, "Way to go Sonshine," when a man two rows down from me turned around and said, "Lady, don't you think it's time to give that up?" I say NEVER.....Once a mom, always a mom, oh I mean fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since this is my journal so to speak, I will write down another story. When Jonathan was a senior in high school, he and his buddies wanted to have a recreational basketball team. SOOOOOOOOOOOO..who do you call? Verlinda! I signed up to be their coach. Now those of you who know me, know that I don't really know about the particulars, I just enjoy the game. So I think I was a coach in name only, BUT, I got to sit on the bench, be part of the huddle, give all of my favorite boys love and encouragement, and provided refreshments for the team and the referees. (Who says I'm not smart?) Things went very well for us and I got my first ever trophy! Plus, we got our pictures in the yearbook, all in all, not to shabby!

1 comment:

JJ said...

Go Dad and Tio! I wish I were there. I would have brought decibal level to the cheerleading. And my clapping can make you deaf.