News from Nonna: Neverland………

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Neverland………

Where in the world have I been and what have I been doing? I wish I could explain my life in a few short paragraphs this past few months, but alas………………..I have missed blogging and so I will make a few entries.

Besides being in Kansas City three times, Idaho, Utah, and Arizona I have spent some time here in Denver. I’ve got to say that I think Colorado is beautiful! I love the weather here more than anywhere else I have been. (consider that I haven’t been too many places!) It is the fourth of July and we haven’t had our air conditioner on! The nights are absolutely wonderful and remind me of sleeping out at night with my grandparents, on the lawn, in the garage, on the porch.

Richard went hiking yesterday just a short way from the house and here is what you will see.Verlinda Camera 070 Verlinda Camera 072 Verlinda Camera 077Verlinda Camera 071 Verlinda Camera 076

We had the opportunity to go and see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on Monday night out at Red Rocks. It was so beautiful sitting out in the cool air, surrounded by nature and being able to also see downtown Denver. The choir performance was incredible! And as an extra bonus, they had President Monson stand up! He was in the crowd…:)Verlinda Camera 043 Verlinda Camera 048Verlinda Camera 045 Verlinda Camera 051 Verlinda Camera 044

Jacqui and Dave went with us and we saw half of our ward there. It is always fun to have someone to double date with!

Verlinda Camera 052

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Looks fun! We just went to the garden of the gods today and got rained out! We need to make a little trip up there to see you. Are you staying in town for a little bit?