News from Nonna: My Secret Garden

Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Secret Garden




I love looking outside. I am a “lookey-loo” as I have said before. My kitchen windows are wonderful for just that, looking outside. We have hummingbirds that come right on our deck due to the Honeysuckle Bush crawling all over our deck. We have a Finch birdfeeder and we see many of those each day as well. We have flowers of all kinds growing wherever they want unlike our organized beauty in Kansas City.

Verlinda Camera 083

Colorado’s State Flower, Columbine


Verlinda Camera 031

Peonies, all shades of pink. They were our table decorations for Father’s Day.

I walked outside the other day and the deck and trees were covered with LadyBugs so I took this little look see specially for Taryn.Verlinda Camera 034 Verlinda Camera 037


These flowers remind me of my Grandmother Malone. I can just see her in the garden walking along and bending over, with her hands behind her back to smell her flowers.

Verlinda Camera 001 Verlinda Camera 002 Verlinda Camera 003 Verlinda Camera 023

Verlinda Camera 038 Verlinda Camera 039 Verlinda Camera 040


Creed has also found “the special,” way to go in and out as have all of the grandchildren, well children actually. Jacqui and Janae still use the doggy door on occasion!






1 comment:

JJ said...

I didn't know that you had peonies! I love peonies! I don't have any in the garden right now. Maybe next year.

I love your garden.