News from Nonna: Now you see it, now you don't!

Friday, June 20, 2008

Now you see it, now you don't!

Richard and I have been redoing our bedroom......Much to his displeasure, like what's wrong with the old stuff? Anyway, he is a perfectionist for those of you who don't know. Everything has to be done just so, his way or the highway, So I let him do a wonderful job, most of the time, and he does. We are painting our room a chocolate brown, (my favorite flavor, um, I mean color) and it looks so nice. I bought the bedding last year with my birthday money so that was already done. Well, we are getting down to the end of painting and I might add I did my fair share. He has gone back over everything with a fine tooth comb and I guess it will pass. We are cleaning up at the very end of the project. I am helping him move the ladder and as we pass by the full paint can, he( did I say he!) hits it with the leg of the ladder and it spills on our carpet at least half of the can. Brown, gooey, runny, beautiful paint on our beige carpet. I scream and he panics. (After all, if the dogs have a accident he freaks out, look what it will do to the carpet!) So I run downstairs and get spoons, spatulas, cups, pancake turners, anything I can find. We both start scooping and we wish by now that the dogs had been pooping :) We get as much put back in the can as possible and then run and get the wet/dry vac. He goes over it time and again, and then I pour pitcher after pitcher of water on it while he soaks it up. Then I go and get the carpet cleaning machine and he goes over and over it. Low and behold. It all comes out. I wouldn't have been so lucky if I had done it, I can guarantee. Now you see it now you don't. Lucky devil he is, I am just overwhelmingly grateful that it wasn't me!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Are you lucky or what? I am glad that Richard did it but I am also very glad that it came out. We had a little incident with a baby and a bottle of fingernail polish and we were not so lucky. It adds 'dimension' to the room!

JJ said...

Congratulations on getting it out of the carpet! That's the stuff infomercials are made of!

meg said...

I can't believe that!! It's a good thing you are both smart and fast! I wouldn't have know what to do!

And your grandchildren are adorable! I'm glad that you were able to spend good time with them.

Sariahfied said...

Oh how we love the Jardines! I will be forever grateful to you and Richard for all you did for Brent when he as new in the gospel!Is it ok if I add your blog link to mine? Thanks sooooo much, Sariah

Caryn said...

The best part of that whole story is that you rhymed at the end of your post! Ha ha ha! Oh, I would love to paint my room that color, but Rusty would never go for it! Amazing that it came out!!!

Jaimi said...

Wow!!! and who ever said that an empty nesters house was boring! way do Richard :) Hey V, I would love for you to come to Hawaii with me, it would make it ten times more fun. About my mom, ya that will be the day, I have asked her many times if she would like to go, she doesn't really seem to excited or in a hurry to come. So if my mom doesn't want to you would obviously be the next best thing. It would be a party every night. I will keep you posted for our next trip. Start saving up!!! Serious Jaimi

Liz said...

that is such a funny story...and i'm glad it had such a happy ending! don't you just love it when the hubby makes the big mistake? ;) ha ha!