News from Nonna: AWOL

Monday, June 9, 2008

AWOL

We did so many things in Utah. From the Kangaroo Zoo to McDonald's to the national park, to the city park.
Meal time is so much fun. Where are the dogs when you need them? Score one argument for Taryn!
My baby is eight and has been baptized. My how the time has flown. She is such a great example to all of the other children.

He is so adorable but is going to be a big bruiser.......................................His voice is already deep.


Blake, where are the babies? Did you leave home without them?
I don't think she has ever taken a bad picture.

Jag, hey where did everyone go? I thought I was supposed to take my shoes off!





Hey, I didn't know Ryan was there!!!!!

You may ask, where in the world is Verlinda, and I would answer, "I'm not sure!" And that is as close to truth as I can get. It has been over three weeks since I have blogged and I realize that I really miss it. I have spent the better part of the evening reading everyone's blogs and loving to see the pictures. (Yes Jacqui, I do love blogs with pictures better.)

So many things have happened and I am literally seeing my life pass before my face. Does time seem to fly for anyone else?

We just got back from Utah on Saturday evening, and on Saturday evening, my darling little nephew, Ethan, from Houston, arrived. We spent a great Sabbath with him and hung out at Jonathan's new house for the better part of the afternoon. We sent him on his way this morning, well fed, and with hugs and kisses. He has really grown up and I know he was just born a few years ago.

We had a wonderful time in Utah being able to be part of Taryn's baptism. I can close my eyes and see Jerianne's baptism still in my mind. Taryn was so sweet and so excited. We had a picnic the night before, baptism, then Shea's recital. (A star is born!) The next morning we went to church where they sustained Taryn, and then she gave a talk in Primary. From there we went to Creed's blessing, and had a wonderful time. Laurie is so much fun, open, and welcoming and so the blessing and luncheon were great. It was especially wonderful because all of our family was there, except Mamaw and Papaw. The circle was filled with amazing examples of honorable men and I know Creed will turn out just as well. My brother and his family came and I am so grateful. I really love them all and appreciate their efforts to support our family. There is no one or nothing more important than family. From there we all went to Mike and Debbie's house for a couple of days. They were so accomodating and we had a blast. Of course, has anyone ever been around them when it wasn't just that way?

Yes, I am the one who spewed!!!!!! root beer all over their beautiful house. Leave it to beaver!
And to think I was worried about the kids...................................We played games, enjoyed the yard, laughed, laughed, and laughed some more. My brother really does have a gift.

Back to SLC and dinosaur museums, shopping, eating, games, and good times. Thanks Jerianne for being such a good sport and to Janae and Jacqui for making the sacrifice to come.

Iwas AWOL, but now I am found! :) :) :)

6 comments:

JJ said...

I hope you had fun. We have missed you since the moment you left. Please come back!

meg said...

Thank you for taking care of Ethan - he's so high on life - it cracks us up!! Your trip sounds amazing and probably can't easily be topped. Glad you're back!!

Jenny said...

Oh Verlinda, you take such good care of us. Even when we don't show up! Ethan felt so loved that you're going to get him back! I miss you.

TD said...

I loved visiting with you. I miss you!

Caryn said...

You crazy lady, you need to slow down! Did Nae tell you our Hobby Lobby opens SoOn!!!

Jacqui said...

does "spewed" mean you went tinkle in your pants? =)