News from Nonna: DOCUMENTATION SO THAT WE WON'T STEAL!

Sunday, February 3, 2008

DOCUMENTATION SO THAT WE WON'T STEAL!

You know how my dad and I are "an accident waiting to happen?" Well, I don't think we will need any help with this one. I wash my hair and hang on to the side at the same time because the floor slants toward the wall. I dropped the shampoo behind the tub and told Richard if I looked like the witch of the west, I would NOT get behind the tub to find it..............
An actual walk in closet! I mean really it comes with four chairs from the 1950's and a mouse powder deterrent on the floor at no extra cost...................................

This is our front room designed especially for entertaining LARGE crowds. Can you just see the amount of fun you can have in here?


Of course, this is the office, desk space and all. So much hard work is done in this lovely work space. An extra table is provided for that oh so important scanner or extra laptop, what a plus!



Be sure and notice that no space is complete without my typical addition of greenery. It sure brings the outdoors in doesn't it?

Mike can you believe it? A blue chair from our home in Liberal in 1954............We need to put it in the Smithsonian along with Archie Bunkers chair.


Notice the front door with the pull string light, and an added bonus of extra "cotton" insulation in the key hole. How blessed we are.......These are the pieces that I want to call Antique Roadshow about. Oh, I forgot we signed a lease that we wouldn't steal..................................


Now we come to the master suite. I am at a loss for words.


Front door to "Home Sweet Home!" I don't want my children to ever say another word to me about doing my part of the job! Please excuse me while I call HGTV FOR AN EXTREME HOME MAKEOVER. ty..................................Ty..................................................TY HELP!


So now I have the actual proof that I am not making my life story up or even exaggerating this time, although my side of the family does tend to stretch things every once in awhile! These are actual pictures of the "apartment" that I am now residing in. Believe me, I don't mind working until 9 PM so that I only have to actually spend my sleeping hours in this lovely piece of property!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Lacey said...

Wow, I can't believe you guys are staying in that. You poor thing. I'm praying for you. Going from your house in Denver, which is beautiful by the way, to that I really feel for you. Hang in there and before you know it you'll be home.

zippity-do-da said...

As a resigned exagerator, I would never have doubted your story. But I'm having bad basement apt flashbacks from the college days. It wasn't good then either. You need a serious Pollyanna dose. The glad game is a prerequisite with that "apartment".

The Burkinshaws said...

I only have one word of advice please leave your shoes on at all times! I am a pretty dirty girl that doesnt mind much stuff, but I don't think I would even lay on that couch or bed.. Boy talk of Jacquis personal He**. However I would like those pieces of furniture that are in your bedroom. I think those are awesome could you bring those to me please! Love you.

JJ said...

I'm proud of you. You are a real trooper. I know it has meant a lot to Dad to have you there. You're in the home stretch.

meg said...

I hope it cost only $15 a month - not a penny more! Good luck and keep the purell handy!

TD said...

All I can say is it won't be forever. I know that Uncle Richard is so happy to have you there. Love Ya!

Richard F. Jardine said...

IN MY DEFENSE! As documented and posted elsewhere, there can be "being in the right place at the right time", there can be "just luck", and there can be "smart educated decisions that produce good things". The supposed "honeymoon in Blackfoot, ID", even though grossly misrepresented as the honeymoon would definitely fall under "just luck. Why - it has provided 33 years of conversation fodder and laughter for Verlinda. But after 33 years, even this event loses it's impact and staying power. So, I will leave it up to the historians to paint the final picture but was this (the Pocatello apartment) another case of luck or a smart, educated decision intended to fill that void caused by the previous event losing its appeal. Just something to think about!

Sadie Lou said...

aunt verlinda you are my hero! i could not do that! you are such a trooper! and that apartment is horible!!! i am sooo sorry! you can gladly come a stay with us! :)

TD said...

I agree with Richard that this will make a good story for many years. You can't or don't want to laugh about it now, but at sometime you will.