News from Nonna: GED in RN at home......

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

GED in RN at home......

The sling was rubbing against Daddy's arm and of course he had a reaction to it. This was driving him crazy, it was one big blister or hive and he itched continuously.................
The bleeding and aftermath of his shoulder surgery ran down along his scar line from his open heart surgery! Oh, Daddy...............................

And to think this was his 20th something surgery. How has one man's body withstood the test of time and a poor gene pool?


BRUISING, BRUISING, EVERYWHERE!



Well Daddy is home again from his surgery yesterday and is in quite a bit of pain. He says it is more painful than his open heart surgery and so we are being very careful. He and mother make me laugh. By the time you have been together over fifty years you pretty much have each other figured out. He knows what she is going to say and she knows what he is going to do and so I sit back and watch!

I figure that I have almost earned an Rn degree between my surgeries and Daddy's and Mother's. It is interesting to hear us talk about medications, IV procedures, tape reactions, rehab, how to bathe, sleep, walk, recovery time etc. All in all, we are pretty amazing or pretty pitiful. On to another subject......

When I was looking for Richard's wedding ring, which I am beginning to think he lost on purpose, there are some hot women in Pokie!!!!!, I found two tapes that had been made in 1981 in Mountain Park, Oklahoma. It was me talking to my great grandmother, Grandmother Messick, and my Aunt Ruth and Grandmother. It was so interesting to listen to them. I know where my accent comes from and am proud of it. But life was so completely different back then just two generations ago. What a hard life they had, but they thought it was wonderful. They worked so hard and my grandmother and aunt actually started picking cotton when they were two and three years old. So many wonderful stories for my posterity. So many things to learn from these amazing women. We had five generations when I made that tape and we have five generations today. What a legacy. I am having them made and put onto Cd's. When I get home I will have Jerianne help me put pictures up. I am so blessed with Family, so blessed. I just wish Grandmother could listen and understand what was happening but that time is passed.

2 comments:

JJ said...

You probably could become quite the nurse and we all know, thanks to Jacqui, that there is some money in it.

I can't wait to hear the tapes. Thank you for writing some of these things down. I'm grateful to have them.

TD said...

I hope that your dad is feeling better. I guess I know who to call if I have any surgery questions.

It is great to have family memories. I am sure that Jerianne will make the CD's look good with some pictures.