News from Nonna: I've Been What?

Thursday, September 4, 2008

I've Been What?


Yes, folks, I have been nominated for a blog award!!!!!!!!!! Imagine that. Of course, Caryn Beck, happens to be a favorite of mine from Janae's long list of friends. Anyway, I will be honored to pass on this award. Thank you so much Caryn, I can find joy in the littlest of things. You made my day.


I would like to nominate a few blogs and here I go. I guess that you put the logo on your blog, and then pass it on to 7 other blogs that you think are deserving and why. At the end you must write an acceptance speech and thank everyone and their mother for your nomination.


1. The first blog that I would nominate is my daughter, Jerianne. After all she is the one that got me hooked on blogging and kept encouraging me that I could do it. She has always been that way, encouraging and teaching an old dog who is trying to learn new tricks. She has listened to me endlessly on the phone, as I lament, cry, and beg for her to help. She is patient and kind, and always willing to do whatever I ask. This allows me to stay in touch with her and my grandchildren whom I adore. I can't forget Kelly! She is so smart and has such interesting entries, and has to her credit, started a family cookbook website. So Jerianne, this award is for you. Love You! You can find her at theconroys.blogspot.com Beautiful Life.


2. My second nominee would go to Emily Scharman. Her blog squeezescharmans.blogspot.com is called "Concrete Sequential" She is the wife of one of my favorite nephews, Clark. She is a professional blogger for sure. She always has such interesting entries and has such a way of wording things that my mother will even go to her blog just to see what she has to say. Her children will be forever grateful, because her blog is truly a journal. She is not afraid to share her real feelings and I feel like I learn from her. Great job Emily!


3. My third nominee is Sariah Spradling. Her blog is thespradling.blogspot.com and
she has an amazingly professional looking blog. Her husband is a young man who was our neighbor when he and Jonathan were young. I have had the pleasure of watching him grow up into a fine man and he has a wonderful family. I just really enjoy her blog and she has given me some hints about blogging with her layout sites. I love your blog, Sariah. Thank you for keeping us connected.


4. My fourth nomination would go to Megan Keck. You can find her blog at thekeck7.blogspot.com entitled , "In Between Days." She is one of my nieces and yes, she is another one of those talented Scharmans. She has some darling kids and I love to read her blog. She is so honest and upfront with some of her hilarious stories that it brings back many a memory of raising my own children. Keep them coming Megan. Any girl who can lay sod in Texas, deserves more than a blog award!


5. Janae Burkinshaw is my next nominee. Yes, she is my daughter and I love her, but I love reading her blog as well. You can find her at theburkinshaws.blogspot.com I am very grateful that she keeps her blog up because it again allows me to keep track of her and her wonderful children. It's hard when you don't live by your children. I can make sure that she is still standing and that my kids are well and strong. I love the pictures and her sharing her daily life with me. Thanks Janae, I love you. Besides, she gives me ideas for my house.:)


6. Jacqui Baer would be my next nominee. Yes, she is my other daughter. I am no dumb mom! :) I couldn't wait for her to update her blog when she was in Arizona. Now she lives here in Denver and things are even better. I get to see her live out her blog and there is nothing like it! And yes Jacqui, blogs are more fun with pictures. I am trying. You can see her blog at washthosehands.blogspot.com The Baers.


7. Last but not least, would be Liz Rosenbaum. She has such an amazing skill and talent with all that is involved in a blog. She is my cousin's daughter-in-law. She helped me through the scrapbooking phase and now gives me new ideas. She is a talented photographer and you can see her skill on her page. You can check out her blog at rosenbaumfamily.blogspot.com Life Is Simply Rosey.


So to all of you bloggers I say, "Way to go." I love blogging and it gives me a chance to keep a journal, which I have never before been able to do. I can't wait to make it into a book and hopefully some day, my children or grandchildren will see that I tried to do my best. For me there is , Magic In Ordinary Days.

5 comments:

Tio said...

I am hurt mom! What is better than a blog? A personal website that you have to have "brains" to keep going!

Where is the love?

Anonymous said...

Hello Dear,

It's your Mom. I too, think you are a great blogger, and would love to read your latest entry, if only I could. :-)) Would you mind lightening it up a bit?

Love and kisses!!

Anonymous said...

Thank You, Dear!!!!

meg said...

Wow! I'm blushing! You are too generous - but thank you! I love reading you blog and those of your daughters. Such an easy way to keep in touch - keep it up please!

Liz said...

Oh my goodness! What can I say? I'm speechless! Which, let's face it... doesn't happen that often! (wink!)
Thanks Verlinda, you're the best and I'm so flattered! Do we get a golden statue to put on our mantel? ha!