News from Nonna: Gotta Love Denver!

Friday, September 5, 2008

Gotta Love Denver!

As we were walking downtown, right front and center a picture of NOBAMA! What can you expect from the convention site I guess.........................

This was awesome. People on the street playing chess. This man is waiting for a partner. Sixteen Street doesn't have any cars!


Walking downton and seeing all of the wonderful architecture. There are some really pretty buildings in Denver.


Shopping everywhere.


Now this reminded me of KC. Cows painted along the street. The Dixie Chicks!



Beautiful fountains and sculptures.


I'm not exactly sure but I think this is the capital. They say that the thirteenth step is exactly one mile above sea level. Thus the Mile High City..




There were beautiful flowers all over this downtown area.



Posing. Looks like they are having fun, huh?






Peace brother.

Beautiful building again.



Jacqui sporting an attitude. Actually, remember when she was a little girl and whenever she ate anything with red food coloring, her ears got beet red and started to put off heat? Well the sun does the same thing to her, thus the improvised hat. Cute!




Trying on hats. The next top super model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



See the architecture?



Almost done.


On Labor Day we decided to do something fun,(yes, Richard and Verlinda had the idea :) and spontaneous. We had heard about the Taste of Denver and decided to see what was there. Just let me tell you, that if the people we saw were a cross section of the United States, we are in major trouble!!!!!!!! Jonathan even told me at one time not to look around because there was a Latino Bandito (mafia in Tijuana) right behind me and he wouldn't hesitate to cut off my fingers. Then he happened to mention how one of those men dragged him into an alley in TJ...........Better that he told me now.



It was however a lot of fun. Three different stages with music playing. I think Herman and the Hermits had even been there. Dejavu..............We heard Bob Marley music, country, and Janis Joplin all in the same day.



Lots of food to be tasted but expensive. Lots of booths selling things and you know how I love looking at things. I think Jacqui got disgusted with me. I am a major "lookey loo," and love just seeing. No Richard, I didn't buy anything!



Then we walked down the Sixteenth Street Mall. Actually Denver's Downtown or LODO, is one of the best I have ever seen. There are blocks and blocks of great shopping and no cars allowed. I mean even TJ Maxx is down there. How much better can it get.



We ended up eating at ESPN. Jonathan's favorite place. All kinds of games going on, on big screens everywhere. We returned home and played Settlers of Catan. That was one of the things that Jaimie, Jacqui, and I are addicted to. Love family traditions. Thanks everyone for a great day.









3 comments:

TD said...

What great fun! I need to come and visit.

Sadie Lou said...

i think that the rag on Jacquis head is soo funny! those flowers are beautiful! and those buildings are amazing! and i thought that the "no bama" was really funny! but i would love that huge shopping center! :)

Jaimi said...

Hello!!! first of all thank you for your comment on my blog you sure know how to bring a girls ego up!!! I miss you guys, it looks like you had a blast with your fam on Labor Day. You better call next time your around and promise to spend at least 12 hrs. with us. Love you!!!!!