News from Nonna: I Do Have Friends

Monday, September 15, 2008

I Do Have Friends


I have been in Denver now for 3 years. Can you believe that? So fast and so long all at the same time. I hated leaving my friends in Kansas City and still do, but the Lord has blessed me with some good friends here as well. I am part of a monthly book club that I love. There are about 18 of us and we read, share views, and eat lunch. Can't get better than that. This month we read "The Magic of Ordinary Days" and I loved it. One of the group found the Hallmark movie and soooooooo. LUNCH AT VERLINDA'S! Joan is Maldia's sister, Rhonda was the Stake RS president that I served with, and Cathy is a new friend from the ward. She is at least ten years younger than I am but has decided there must be something worthwhile in this old relic. We have the best time and laugh and laugh and laugh. This particular day we even had spitting out our water over a funny remark. So here is some of my new tender mercies.

1 comment:

TD said...

You are the life of any party! It is fun to be in a bookclub. I love mine.