News from Nonna: WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE!

Sunday, November 25, 2007

WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE!

I can't believe that it has been so long since I have blogged. I look at Jerianne's and know that I need to do better. But in my defense it has been hard to share this computer since Richard works on it all day and sometimes in the night!

I have finally finished my projects for Christmas. It has taken me almost an entire month and I seriously am not kidding. I had no idea when I started that it would take so long but I am very pleased with the finished product and hope that my children and grandchildren will be also. I know at the very onset it won't be the favorite gift, but maybe it is the one that will keep on giving :)



By the way, this batch was one of three trips that I made to the laminators! I made someone's Christmas bonus a little easier to give:)







Thanksgiving this year was ................................I can't find the right word. Richard and I did enjoy one another's company, but we do that MOST days. Since no one was with us for the first time in 33 years, oh my, we spent it alone! So, I roasted a "TURKEY" hot dog over my gas oven to celebrate! No one can outdo that. It was sad, but on a happier note Jacqui was coming in that evening to stay for a few days and that is what we looked forward to. We celebrated the next day with all of the trimmings and that made up for what was not my idea of turkey day. I called home and all of the Upchurch's were having a great time and I could hardly control my tears. Thank heavens for a heart full of memories of wonderful times spent together.




SEND DONATIONS......I LOOK LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!


3 comments:

zippity-do-da said...

What a project! you deserve a medal or at least a life time supply of turkey dogs. BYW I want one too! You don't look homeless, just like a college student.

Sadie Lou said...

oh my goodness, those projects are amazing! they look awesome! great job! i am sure the grandkids will love them! and poor you and richard! if i would have known i would have walked to have thanksgiving with you!!! love you:)

JJ said...

I'm sorry you were home alone for Thanksgiving. Let it be written that you were invited to my home for the holidays.

As for the projects, I hope you have spent some time resting your hands in some sort of soothing solution but the love that went into those projects will not be forgotten or overlooked.

Love you!