News from Nonna: THANK HEAVENS FOR MY TEACHING DEGREE!

Monday, November 12, 2007

THANK HEAVENS FOR MY TEACHING DEGREE!

I know that it has been a while since I last put down any thoughts on my page. Plenty of reasons, about 20 of them to start with. I have been coloring for the last two weeks and I really mean almost continually. I am making folders for my grandchildren for Christmas to take to church and to use for Family Home Evenings. I majored in "EARLY" Childhood Education for a reason. I could do the math and I can really color! So I just need to get them all laminated and then I will have one more cutting to do and then the bags to make and two presents down. So most of all I hope that one day my grandchildren know that I loved them enough to spend my time, and not necessarily talent,doing this,because I love them.............................................................

It seems as though in this stage of life that I should have a bazillion hours of free time, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The last four days have just worn me out! On Thursday it was our stake temple day and we were there from 7:45 in the AM until 5 in the evening. We worked in the cafeteria for first half of the day and I didn't even stop to get a drink! Boy that was an eye opener and made cooking for my family seem like a piece of cake.

All day Friday I cleaned house for a party that I was having for some friends on Saturday night. It has been really hard trying to make Denver feel like home. The ONLY people I know are from church and so I would like to feel more at home, hence the dinner party for 26 people:(
Friday night I set the tables and made everything look as pretty as possible. ( Which so reminds me of my Grandmother Malone. She loved to set the table although, she had absolutely no worldly goods. It really makes me happy when I can see where I have taken after some of my heroes like her.) Saturday I spent the day making homemade rolls ( like my mother, another of my heroes) and trying to take care of last minute details. Every single person came and it was wonderful. We laughed and talked and just got to know each other better. There were four couples there from Kansas. The Harris', Spears, Calls, and us. It was great having so much in common. I may wait awhile to do that again however! ")

Sunday I taught Primary, I have the 5 year olds and I really love them, although it is hard to miss out on Sunday School, we have such a great teacher. We had our Primary Program and it was so good. Then home to make supper for the family, a visiting teaching interview at the church at 6, and then home for two rousing games of Settler of Catan, which Jaimie and I are addicted to. So you see life seems to be full. For that I am grateful.

1 comment:

Sadie Lou said...

i don't know if i can be your friend anymore! i really don't like settlers of catan!but if i played it with you i might like it! b/c you make everything more fun:)