News from Nonna: Where Is My Home?

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Where Is My Home?

Well I have not been home since the 21st of August and am sure that they have fired me from my calling in the church! I think I have been working on that my whole church life, just kidding. I am trying to be funny and witty like Jerianne.

I went to Kansas City to see my grandmother, who is not doing well, to staying with my parents and seeing old friends. I also happened to have been in KC for the 50th anniversary of the church in the area. Saw a lot of people from my past and talk about deja vu! Then it was a flight into Denver and a flight out of Denver to SLC where we stayed with Jerianne and her family for about a week. Then we went on to Idaho, Richard's mother had fallen and we ended up with her in the hospital overnight. We celebrated Chrissy's birthday, it was a surprise, and visited with Uncle Joe and Aunt Kathleen. (I am sure Uncle Joe is not going to be here much longer...) We are back in SLC with Jerianne and will leave in the morning to go to Phoenix. Janae is moving and wanting our help and we get to paint Jacqui's living, kitchen, and bathroom while we are there. Besides, Janae put the guilt trip on us allowing as how we had four kids and not two, and I reminded her that she moved to Arizona and so it goes. So you can see why I am a little confused about where to call home.

I guess that the biggest lesson that I have learned to this point is be grateful for each day of your life and treasure your youth, whether you are 6 or 60! I have seen and been around so much sadness with family who are aging and it is heartbreaking. Those that I have looked up to and been influenced by my whole life now are looking to me for comfort, and solace and I feel out of place and homeless again as my heart breaks but I continue to need to be strong. Because in all reality, they are still teaching me. I hope to be able to do the same.
I am actually grateful that Richard is "SELF-EMPLOYED," right now. We are officially over the road drivers and up to 127,000 miles on our Honda. If he was tied down we wouldn't be able to do all of this traveling. Here are some pictures of our drive through the mountains that are right behind Jerianne's house. Honestly, right behind.


7 comments:

Jacqui said...

how about talking about something HAPPY!?!!?!?!?!??

Caryn said...

Yeah, that means we get to see you! Gotta love when Naqui and Nae move, painting painting all around! Maybe now I will actually get to see Jacqui's house!

Bree D. said...

How wonderful for you to be able to visit Jerianne, I know how much she misses you when you are away! The pictures of the canyon are beautiful! Have fun in Arizona with the rest of your fun family! Oh, I loved seeing the picture of Grandma Jardine, she is such a sweet lady!!

zippity-do-da said...

Don't go home yet- I have some projects that need your special touch here in Texas. I knew a couple in our ward only had a calling in the winter months when they were snowed in - then released every summer to roam. Sounds good to me! Welcome to the Blogging world!

Sadie Lou said...

hey you have been every where!....BUT TEXAS!!!! and why is that! we so need you down here with us!!! those moutains are so beutiful, literally right behind her house! that is so cool. sounds like you are having so much fun, and i am glad:)

Sadie Lou said...

hey you have been every where!....BUT TEXAS!!!! and why is that! we so need you down here with us!!! those moutains are so beutiful, literally right behind her house! that is so cool. sounds like you are having so much fun, and i am glad:)

zippity-do-da said...

It's a good thing Sades repeated her comments- because there definitely weren't enough exclamation points the first time. (I wear my sarcasm t-shirt proudly)