News from Nonna: There Is Beauty All Around

Saturday, September 22, 2007

There Is Beauty All Around




















Richard and I got to go up into the mountains the other afternoon and it was beautiful. Every once in awhile, we spin off and do something spontaneous. I know it is hard to believe of the two of us but..................The Aspens are beginning to turn and it was breath taking. It probably won't be quite the same in a photo, but it was a great adventure. We have decided that we are going to return and take the train ride and go into the silvermine next year. The air was wonderful, my favorite time of year.
I have finished reading TWILIGHT, by Stephanie Meyers, and it was spellbinding! I read almost 700 pages in 8 hours. I am on to the sequels as we leave tomorrow to go back to Idaho Falls. Uncle Joe has passed away and the only reason I am relieved is because he was suffering so. I have a real testimony about the absolute difference in the spirit and the body. I am so grateful that I know that there is life after death and the only sad ones are those left behind. What a great blessing!

4 comments:

Sadie Lou said...

oh that is so breathtaking and beautiful! i wish i could be there with you, i would rather be there then here at school. it is so stressful! you read twilight!!! i read this summer. it is by far the best book i have ever read! and right now during school i am trying to read new moon. the 2 one! it is so good so far! :)

Sadie Lou said...

that looks like so muc fun!!!

JJ said...

Those photos are beautiful, Mom! I knew you had it in you. I'm so happy you and Dad have fun together and enjoy some of the same activities. Keep snapping those photos! I love to see them. They help to bring us closer despite physical distance.

zippity-do-da said...

Being in such a beautiful place really reminds me of Our Father's love for us. Think of the time that Uncle Joe and Grandpa J are having right now. I wish we could be there with you.