News from Nonna

Sunday, September 16, 2007

"I Have My Things About Me!"

I feel just like Maureen O'Hare in the Quiet Man, one of my favorite movies, who tells her husband she just has to have her "things" about her. I was so happy to get home and be around my things that it was goofy. What a ride I have had this last month. I was so grateful to be able to see everyone. I think I about covered the whole family except for going to Houston and that will have to wait. Sorry Sadie! All in all, it was wonderful to see everyone and we worked like turks in Phoenix to help Janae and Jacqui get their new houses up and running. I really am grateful that Richard is such a handy man and I'm no slacker! I guess you can see some pictures on Jacqui's blog and then I am putting more pictures on my blog tomorrow, after I talk to Jerianne on the phone for an hour as she takes me step by step through this process until I get it in my technically challenged brain. I gave most of my smarts to Jerianne, so be thankful and just realize you are my right hand!

I guess one funny story that I haven't shared is on my plane ride to KC. (Jacqui told me that my last blog wasn't happy, but hey Jacqui, sometimes life is hard!) There were a couple of rowdy men in the airport waiting to get on my flight. Of course, I thought to myself these would be my seat companions because that is just my luck. You could tell that they were not feeling any pain if you know what I mean, and so I waited. SURE ENOUGH, I walk right to their seats and find myself surrounded by these fine gentlemen. They were coming from their first visit to SLC and were very vocal about how much they hated it and those Mormons were the worst. No alcohol without buying dinner etc. and they said that I was the first one that had smiled at them since they had gone to SLC. Well we talked about their visit and their reason for being there, boxing match of one of their friends who got knocked out but won $10,000 just for fighting, and how bad the Mormons were. Okay so here was my dilemma, they were kind of funny, and you know that I need a laugh where I can get one. They would say something and then literally poke me in the side to see if I was following. They seemed to take a quick liking to me and wanted me to laugh right along with them. Sometimes I had to cover my mouth while the whole rest of the plane was clearly annoyed. They wanted to buy me a drink so I said yes, and ordered a diet Sprite. (I've always been a cheap date!) Guilty by association, I always tried to tell my children! They were good old farm guys from Topeka and I didn't have a pass along card! I debated and debated in my head whether to tell them that they had just spent an entire and somewhat enjoyable time sitting next to a Mormon, but decided against it for two reason. First, I felt that I needed to go home and repent for laughing at some of their comments and secondly, I doubt they remember anything from the flight. So, I am putting pass alongs in my purse and working on my sense of humor! :) (After repenting!) Until tomorrow, I kind of like this blogging.

2 comments:

zippity-do-da said...

Nice to see you in Cyber space. Watch out- blogging can be very addictive. (but it's cheap therapy!) My first plane ride, I sat next to a scary man who drank the WHOLE time and read Steven King Novels and took off his socks. EUWWWWWWWWW! At least yours were funny. Welcome Home!
alexa

JJ said...

You have some of the most amazing/unique experiences. It is one of the many reasons I love you!