News from Nonna: I’m Afraid To Close My Eyes!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I’m Afraid To Close My Eyes!

I know that it has been three months since I have last posted on my blog.  Honestly, the time has gone by so quickly and has been so filled with things that I had to do, that I am struggling to remember all that has happened!  But for the sake of a journal, I will attempt to put things down.  Followers of my blog, you may click out at any time. 

These are some of the projects that have kept me on my toes, literally.  In October I went to Arizona with Jacqui to help move her belongings up to Colorado.  I went out a little early to spend some time with Janae and her family and as always, love to do that.  Then we loaded up Jacqui’s U’haul and unloaded it in Monument, Colorado.  We helped her set up her house, hung pictures on the wall, got cabinets organized, and christened her new home. 

Next came getting ready for Thanksgiving with all of my family coming home except the Burkinshaw’s.  Janae was due in December and couldn’t make the trip.  We missed them.  We however had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the other kids here and my folks as well.  Lots  of love and fun to go around.  Verlinda Camera 001 Taryn and Shea were so sweet, they ran a nail salon.  We all got manicures and pedicures and they seemed to love the “tips”, they received.  It was a great holiday because not only my folks were here, but Mike and Debbie as well.  It really isn’t a party unless they are here and we did party.  Lots of playing cards, and laughing, laughing, laughing!!!!!!!!  I loved it. Creed Broggan Shea Taryn Blakely jagger2 Navie2 (Working with this new program and so I just put in all of my BEAUTIFUL grandchildren.)

Then December rolls in and my plate is full to overflowing!  Remember that RIchard and I work 10 hours a week in the temple, which we love, but that takes a little time.  In December I was in charge of having book group at my home.  I didn’t put up Christmas decorations this year, because no one was going to be here including me.  So I tried to make the tables look good. Verlinda Camera 006 I fixed a typical “Christmas Dinner,” for the girls with turkey and dressing, homemade rolls, Verlinda Camera 009 mashed potatoes, gravy, homemade rolls, salads, and my famous Brandy Snap Basket dessert.   That took some timVerlinda Camera 008e, Verlinda Camera 011 but everyone seems to love coming to my house.  One more commitment down.

Verlinda Camera 013 Verlinda Camera 014

I was the first counselor in the Relief Society Presidency for a very short while.  So, I was in charge of the “HANDOUTS,” and refreshments for our Visiting Teaching Conference.  Let me tell you all that I worked on this project for three months!  No joke, I didn’t realize that these cute little sheep could take me so freaking long, but they did.  Just ask Richard, who had to bring out his saw to help me. (Thanks RIchard) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,……50…..75……100!Verlinda Camera 032  (I’m NEVER counting sheep again!)  Really, they were so time consuming and if I find out that one sister threw them away, we will have words!  Verlinda Camera 018 Along with that, I had to make 120 sheep gingerbread cookies.  They even looked like they had curly fur.  Verlinda Camera 028 Thanks to Jerianne, Verlinda Camera 019I had a label that said, “Feed My Sheep,” and they turned out darned cute.  So, one more project completed, but not without me getting “White Lung Disease”! After all of that, I am now the Home Family Enrichment Leader, and my first big bash is in March.  Thank heavens, cause I won’t be home until then!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

2 comments:

meg said...

So glad to see you back! I've missed you! Looks like you had a pretty good excuse, though.

Welcome back!

mcs said...

My, oh, my! You little overachiever! Those sheep are too cute for words. Love ya, Maura