News from Nonna: ON THE ROAD AGAIN……………..

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

ON THE ROAD AGAIN……………..

We got home from Kansas City in time to celebrate the New Year with our kids that live here.  I must say, I don’t think Richard and I are too exciting anymore, just exhausted!  What happened to dancing, and Guy Lombardo?  We had just enough time to get Richard ready to go back to his “time,” in Pocatello.  He left with a packed car the day before our 34th wedding anniversary.  Talk about romantic, well at least my kids spent the night with me so that I wouldn’t be so afraid! He however remembered that I don’t like flowers and so I got something near and dear to my heart!  FOOD!Verlinda Camera 084 Now that is true love!  An Edible Bouquet! 

Jacqui and Dave have spent several nights with me, sorry Dave, but I have really appreciated it.  I never was very brave.  When Richard went out of town, which was rarely, I packed up all the kids in the car and off to Mom and Dad’s we went.  I have gifts but bravery was never one of them……….

Went back to the temple for a week without Richard. Then got a call from Janae saying she NEEDED me.  Greer has thrush, she has four children under six, and is seeking a little support.  So I get back on the plane and to Arizona I go.  The weather was spectacular and I get to see all of the kids.  I loved being there.  I got to bond a little more with Greer, bike, go to the park, color, play blocks, bake cookies, bake cookies, read books, play, play, and have great one on one time with Janae.  So even though I was trying to help out, I was the one that was blessed.

I fly back after a week, and then have an ENTIRE week to get ready to go to Idaho!!!!!!!  This is Richard’s busiest time with his tax business and so he needs my help.  I will spend three weeks in Idaho and by the way, living in the squalor that I lived in last year.! How can one man be so lucky as to find the same hole of an apartment, two years in a row?   Cheep,cheep,cheep!

The last of the time that I will be there, all of my girls, including Jaimie, will be together for our first “GIRLS” getaway.  I can’t wait.  So, until I get home and can post again…………..Hang in there, I am trying to!

 

5 comments:

Daydreams and Reality said...

Verlinda, sounds like you have a very FULL life...well..at least you are kept busy..so idle time..no time to get into trouble!! I love reading your blog! Your grandchildren are beautiful..just like their grandmother! I miss you!

Jenny said...

Oh Verlinda, I miss you. I actually envy your time in Idaho because you and I have spent some great time together there. I do hope we can work out getting together soon. I need my Verlinda fix. Love you.

Sariahfied said...

Verlinda,
Brent and I had to speak in our new ward this past sunday on living a Christ centered life, and Brent talked all about you and Richard! He was in tears talking about the love and support you showed him! Thank you for all you did for him! e-mail me at sariahs@live.com and I will invite you to my blog! love, Sariah

TD said...

I loved seeing you yesterday. That was not enough of a "Verlinda fix" for me.
I love the blog, and see all the kids pictures.

Maldia said...

Verlinda, seeing all the pictures of you and the family made me miss all of you so much. I must admit it made me cry! I miss all the family get togethers. I've about given up on all of us meeting up in S.C. Maybe we can meet up in Colorado instead. We can meet after your life slows down some (yeah right - like that will ever happen)!!