News from Nonna: Kick Me Into High Gear!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Kick Me Into High Gear!

It has been so long since I have updated my blog! I know! I am sitting here wondering just where to start and it is difficult to know. So much has happened good and wonderful and difficult and life changing. Since the first of April I have traveled in the car over 4,000 miles! No wonder I have such a big behind! I went down to Arizona to drive to Colorado with Jacqui so that she didn't have to do it alone. That was fun except she is a little car Nazi! She wouldn't let me eat or drink anything in the car and I was afraid to touch anything. What do you think kids will do to her lifestyle? Then came the wedding and it turned out so well and Jacqui looked amazingly happy. (I will do a whole blog on that later.) Then I decided to ride to Utah with Jerianne so that she didn't have to drive alone with three kids. I think it was a good thing she had me, of course, she could have done it by herself knowing her, but I do think I helped. I got into her drive way and went in to go to the bathroom and came back out and got into the car to head back to Denver. My grandmother had fallen in KC and she was in critical condition and so I NEEDED to be with her for my sake. We drove back to Denver, Richard and I, and slept for a few hours, got back in the car and went to KC. I missed seeing my Grandmother for the last time by 20 minutes. I don't think I will ever live over that. (I will write a whole blog on this.) So we helped get everything ready to take my grandmother home. That would be Oklahoma and back to where her whole family is. So in the car again, Mountain Park, and then back to Kansas City and then back to Denver. I have to have an awfully good reason to get back in that car. It now has l40,000 miles on it and I asked Richard what that thumping sounds was. I guess the tires are bad. No problem Richard, I'll just increase my prayers to every few seconds. At least you know why my blogging has suffered.

6 comments:

JJ said...

Of course you helped me! I just wish you hadn't come because you probably would have made it to KC on time had you cut out that sidetrip to Utah.

I'm glad to have you back in the blogging world. We've missed you!

meg said...

Wow! So how about coming and visiting us here in Texas? We'd LOVE a visit!!

I'm sorry about the passing of your grandmother. I hope I can be like you and say that I had my granmother long enough that she had GREAT GREAT GRANDCHILDREN! That's amazing!

TD said...

I am so glad to see you blogging again.
I am sorry about your grandmother. I remember what a fun lady she was when I met her in KC.

Sadie Lou said...

wow that is alot to take on at one time! you are awesome to be able to go through all that in like a month! i could never do that! so ya for you! i miss you so much! i am trying to talk my parents into letting me fly up to denver to visit you! i am very perswasive! i know i didn't spell that right...i need to go read a dictionary! and if you ever need to talk you can always email me, pen pal!! love you! :)

Caryn said...

If it makes you feel any better, since Rusty got his new car (almost a year ago) he won't even let ME have WATER in it!

So glad we got to see you, and that you got to meet Rusty's Baum & Papa!

Can't wait to see ANYTHING from the wedding (hint hint Jacqui...)

Lacey said...

Oh Verlinda, I'm so sorry about your grandmother. And what a road trip, I hate being in the car that long. On our honeymoon we drove and drove and drove and by the end my husband was wondering what kind of person he married.

Again so sorry and we have you in our prayers.