News from Nonna: Help! I'm Forming An Addiction!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Help! I'm Forming An Addiction!

Like nobody knows that I am addicted to food, but this is on another level.:) Richard and I went to a genealogy class last week and now I can hardly get off of the computer. By the way, I am now in my "office," with my own computer. I got Richard's old one and feel pretty darned special. I have my own mouse pad and everything.

So this class is being done in 27 temple districts and they have been working on it for years. They are trying to consolidate records and get all of the entries on a particular person in one folder. You can print off a name and take it to the temple yourself! I was the first person in my family to try my hand at this and then turned it over to my Dad who has done a bang up job. Anyway, we have been stuck on so many of our lines and never could get anyone "across the water." Lo and behold, after going back on some of my lines and with all of the effort of this new program, I now know that the Messick line goes to France! The Malone's go to Cork County in Ireland, and the Upchurches are from Debham, England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in awe of the plan that Heavenly Father has. The computer has revolutionized tying your family together. He has done His part and so now I am trying to do mine. I love taking our own family names to the temple. So Tally-ho, Top of the Morning To Ya, and Merci..........

2 comments:

TD said...

Good for you! I love to do Geneology, but my line is stuck in New York. (Wilmot) I always get frustrated and quit. I am happy yours are across the water!!

Caryn said...

Well, at least this addiction doesn't go straight to our hips, maybe I should try this and give up my blogging addiction...


Hmmm no.