News from Nonna: One Step, One Blessing At A Time

Thursday, January 10, 2008

One Step, One Blessing At A Time

Tio taking the little girls swimming over and over again. He is their favorite!
Going on a secret spy mission! Taryn sure looks the part. A covert escape to Baskin Robbins and Pink Bubblegum! Yummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy............................................!

After an afternoon at the acquarium, two succumb to sleep and Shea is on her way!
Kelly's predictions of what will happen as the Jardine's reunite once again. It seems to me that he knows us a little too well. Who won the whining contest Kelly?
We are a gaming family. Everything from Secret Queens, to Settlers of Catan, to the Great Dalmuti, to Progressive Rummy, Mexican Train, Hearts, Spades you name it we play it!
Kelly's masterpiece. It was the best turkey and he got the recipe from watching the scientific guy cooking show. He now has a permanent job at family functions. That's what you get when you shine!!!!!!


Jaimie was brave and took on one whole evenings supper by herself. I must say she did an outstanding job with a snowman cake to top off the meal. Another person shining and retaining a position at the next get together!


My parents have bought me a Christmas Bear ever since 1987! I have a whole family of them and they hold a place of honor in my home for the holidays. I kiss them when I "put them to sleep" and this year my little girls "kissed them to sleep" for me.
Papaw and his little men, he will be getting one more in March. The Malone line carries on!

There are so many things that have happened that to think about them in one blog is overwhelming and so I am going to take this nice and easy and one entry at a time. ( Including pictures, I hope!)

It seemed like it was just September and now it is 2008 and my theory is that time is moving at warp speed. I worked so long to get ready for Christmas and now it has come and gone. But my heart is full of wonderful memories and it was worth every second. I love the fact that all of my children come home all at the same time. I am a Nazi about spouses marrying into the family on a schedule. Thanks to all the other in-laws. I don't think there is anything more important than us all being together. Thank you to my girls for staying extra time. I think everyone was here from the 19th thru the 6th of January. We had a blast. I will hit some of the highlights..............

Of course, Christmas and our family home evening, with Taryn providing some of our Christmas music. Making bags for all of the inactives in our ward with the little girls help. Santa leaving sleigh tracks in the snow and a few bells that had fallen off of the reindeer. Leaving cookies and milk out for Santa and thank you notes. Everyone's thought and hard work going into our presents. THE FACT THAT MY PARENTS DROVE OUT TO BE WITH US, MY FAVORITE PRESENT. My parents can't breathe very well here but they still make the sacrifice. Thank you! FOUR DOGS.........................enough said! Jag liking the dogs bed as much as the dogs. Not to mention a little dog bite that he took as a warning. Children, beautiful grandchildren with lots of loves, hugs, kisses, tickles, laughter, and cousin bonding. I am so grateful for that alone, I think it is so important.

SNOW FOR JANAE ON CHRISTMAS, and many other days as well. We had more snow on Christmas day in Denver than in 100 years! Sledding especially for the well seasoned Arizona kids. Tio taking them swimming time and again. He is the best. Bonding with Aunt Jaimie, which I might add she did remarkablely well. During the midst of all this bonding, we had a baby shower for Jaimie and (as of now and Creed). This group can be a little over whelming. Kelly making the turkey which was the best one I have ever eaten. Only two fires in the kitchen this year, yea! Kids thinking my closet was the best place to play, although I have a playroom downstairs full of toys. I am just now finding the matches to my shoes. A trip back to the acquarium, which is our favorite, with feeding the stingrays. Settler of Catan over and over and the competition getting tough. Sleeping Queens, more food, NCIS marathon, and playing with Jonathan and Jaimie's WII. Secret spy mission to Baskin and Robbins to get Nae Nae some Pink Bubbledgum! Back rubs, foot rubs, tickles, and more mess than I have ever seen in my life!!!!!!! I have set aside two weeks to try to get my house back in order and I mean from the ceiling to the floors. I guess a good time doesn't come without a price. Can someone tell me how the laundry room got so dirty?

I wouldn't trade a minute for all the money in the world. I will always keep my memories close to my heart. Thank you each and everyone and I love you all......

3 comments:

Sadie Lou said...

aaww your family is so cute! well they are not just your family...my family too! sounds like lots of fun! :)

zippity-do-da said...

Sounds absolutely perfect; mess and all. If I come to Denver to clean up the mess, can we crash your next get to gether? Nothing is better than the Jardine Jungle.
Love you
Lexa

Anonymous said...

Kelly was certainly tuned into the "emesis" part of the list!!!

He must be able to see into the future:-))

How we love him!!!