News from Nonna: "Oh What A Beautiful Morning!"

Sunday, October 14, 2007

"Oh What A Beautiful Morning!"

Alright so just let me start by saying AHHHHHHHHH! I had prepared my lesson for this Sabbath Day and everything was on the counter for me to be unhurriedly on my way to church. I woke up this morning to about 40* and turned the heater on. Oh back up, I was up at 4 AM with Chief while he went to "trigger" ( I'm babysitting ) and it was raining and 40*.............................I had put everything in the crock pot to make chicken soup and was cleaning up just humming to my self and had about 15 minutes left to do my newly shampooed hair. Now those of you who know me to be technologically challenged, that includes blow drying my hair. I am a curling iron, poofy headed, 60's, in a rut type of girl. I plug in my fairly new curling iron and it does nothing. Nothing, no heat, no smoke, no nothing! I look at my flat, no body, wet hair and start a little panic mode. I am actually talking to myself in the mirror like the both of us can figure this thing out...................... I am looking all over the house for any instrument that might help me out, remember 15 minutes left, and I teach Primary first thing................So I get Jacqui's old hair straightener and try that. My hair was standing up five inches high in a point, I am starting to sweat. I try curling the hair around the straightener, and it comes out at a 90* angle! My only other alternative was a curling iron left over from the 80's that was about as big around as a pencil. It's all I have and I gave it my best shot. Needless to say, I wouldn't make the cover of any magazine except for maybe MAD! Get out of the car to go into church and it is still raining, oh what the heck.....................................Get into Primary, of course I am one of the first ones there, albeit sweaty, soaked, and frazzled, (Richard is more psycho than I am when it comes to being on time), and they put some other class with mine. All of my ever so carefully counted handouts, snacks etc. are no longer as well planned as I had hoped. So by the time I get home, I wasn't singing, I wasn't humming, but I was laughing and that is better than the alternative today! "Oh, What A Beautiful Morning!"

5 comments:

Sadie Lou said...

oh i had a day at school this week where i got up and ate, then went to turn my straightner on. then i left the room to wash my face. well i come back and i didn't realize that i never turned my straightner on!! i was at a panic and i only had like 2 min. to do my hair! so i feel your pain sista:)

JJ said...

Don't you just love those days when you seriously question your decision to get out of bed in the morning? I'm glad everything turned out okay but I'm sorry that all your preparation was for nought (well, actually, can you imagine how much worse it would have been if you hadn't been prepared in other areas?). Love you!

The Burkinshaws said...

That is so stinking funny! I laughed out loud but only because I can picture you with the straightener and the 90 degree angle. It took me ages to be able to curl with mine and still I can only do it on others not myself. Plus I know how us Jardines feel about hair and church. How hilarious.... Good thing you can laugh about things that makes it all worth it.

Caryn said...

I know your day was rough, but it made me laugh! So thank you... I can totally see you with the straightener-oh how funny! With my luck the blow dryer always stop MID hair style, which is so not fun!

zippity-do-da said...

Isn't that just the way? I often think that I should shave my head if and go with wigs. Every day a new do!